Main duties and responsibilities:
1.Identifies, plans and executes projects (both major and minor) involved with software automation & controls improvement. (25%)
2. Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet appropriate and applicable engineering/government standards. (15%)
3. Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity. Provides guidance to other Engineers, Associates, and line technicians in troubleshooting efforts. (20%)
4. Identifies key opportunities to develop and implement new software and/or controls that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety. (20%)
5. Identifies key areas and provides technical training and support. (10%)
6. Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline with 4 to 10 years’ experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing environment is required.
- Extensive experience programming, integrating and troubleshooting PLC, and SCADA platforms in a high speed discrete manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation RsLogix5000, Siemens S7, Siemens APT, Pilz PSS WinPro, Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Industrial Application Server is highly desired.
- Experience with motion control (servo systems, robotics etc), Domino laser printing and Cognex vision systems, fieldbus communications (Profibus, DeviceNet, ASi etc), and Safety PLCs is desired.
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix team environment is required.
- Change management and project management experience in an FDA regulated environment is required.
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.