SNI Is looking for a Sales Tax Accountant who can provide general ledger system support regarding functional issues of financial and management reporting.
Is this you?
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis..
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or two to four years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; FastTrack or similar tax software.