Xplor, a leading global integrated payment business management software and services provider, headquartered in the United States and operating across Australia, UK, Europe and the US. Xplor’s businesses Empowers Passionate People across the Payments, Health and Fitness, Childcare, Boutique Fitness sectors, Personal Care, Mechanical and Green industries by enabling our clients to focus on doing what they do best – engaging with customers and growing their business. Our people act as extensions of our clients’ teams, with a comprehensive suite of technology, payments capabilities and value-added services like member retention and customer service activities
The position of Risk Analyst entails daily monitoring of merchant processing activity, as well as, conducting investigations of suspicious merchant activity that may be related to merchant(s) processing outside of or not as approved parameters. Analyst is responsible for evaluating patterns in merchant processing activity and researching against internal and external information sources that help in evaluating and identifying potentially suspicious merchant or card holder issues. Review system and department generated reporting that support in identifying potential processing issues to help mitigate potential company losses. Analyst will be responsible for answering incoming and making outgoing calls to customer base in a professional courteous manner; log and notate customer interaction; follow-up on customer inquiries and research; review faxed and emailed request and inquiries; read and interpret business and financial documents; ability to multi-task, handle escalated calls and negotiate a resolution; recommend process improvements and work on special projects.
This position will require a weekend schedule, either Tuesday- Saturday or Wednesday- Sunday.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyze merchant account activity alerts generated by automated monitoring systems in order to identify suspicious transaction or processing issues
- Verbal or written communication with merchants and issuing banks necessary to make notifications or gather information to manage appropriate action to resolve an issue
- Complete assigned unit duties that include reporting, reviewing or process to take action;
- Work with multiple computer systems while on the phone with merchants or during investigation;
- Make notations of all investigations in applicable systems
- Handle and address escalated calls and/or issues as they relate to risk concerns;
- Ability to understand and explain merchant contract terms and conditions, as well as, Visa/MC Operating Regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or at least three years related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Previous risk experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as credit reports, billing statements, contracts, sales agreements, memos, letters, and process and procedure documentation.
- Ability to diagnose problems and work quickly and independently, to resolve issues.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities are essential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.