Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Resource Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Fertility and Family Building Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Resource Registered Nurse (RN) opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Resource RN supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance, and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty. The Resource RN supports multiple units. The Resource RN provides guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs rounds on each nursing unit, continuously observing, assessing the quality of patient care, and identifying nursing educational needs. Escalates concerns about nursing skills, patient care, policies, processes, and equipment as appropriate.
- Utilizes skills of observation. Provides feedback on nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- Provides feedback and mentoring on patient assessments and care planning.
- Provides assistance with performing or troubleshooting specific skills.
- Maintains IMobile phone for easy contact by new graduates or nurses within scope of support.
- Tracks requests to identify most commonly requested skills for purposes of enhancing orientation & education.
- Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals.
- Attends rapid responses and codes as needed, to observe, provide feedback, and debrief, facilitate education, direction, coaching before, during and after the rapid response or code as indicated.
- Shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Bachelors Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is required
- At least 2 years of RN experience is required
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Resource Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.