Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Lead Mortgage Operations Loan Care Representative at our San Antonio, Texas location. The purpose of this position is to provide Mortgage Operations Loan Care team members with detailed guidance and advice on handling member calls utilizing product and process knowledge on a refinance or a purchase mortgage loan, ensuring exceptional member service for a national call center team regarding the loan process and providing on-going communication to Member and business partners via in and out bound calls and email correspondence.
*This position can be filled anywhere in the U.S.*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a workflow leader for a team of Mortgage Loan Care Representatives, monitor the handing of in and outbound calls and written correspondence.
- Coach and assist processors with complex transaction calls or during learning for new processes or products.
- Manage Mortgage Operations Loan Care Representatives’ workload and remote work time during a period when they are out of the office.
- Serve as coverage for manager from time to time when they may be out of the office or unavailable.
- Serve as a resource to resolve issues and answer questions from members, team members, business partners, leadership.
- Review call summaries for communication gaps and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coach and address call calibrations, 1:1, huddles, and team meetings.
- Review call handling processes such as call handle and after call times, and ensure team members are meeting Score Card requirements.
- Recommend corrective action and assist manager with documentation of incidents.
- Act as Members’ support point of contact throughout the entire mortgage process, ensuring excellent levels of member service by providing guidance on process assistance in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Responsible for knowledge overview of required documents required for loan approval. Types of loans processed typically include conventional VA, FHA, employee, 80/10/10, Super Jumbo, and escalated or complex loans.
- To understand the process for qualification by understanding credit history, income levels and assets/liabilities; calculate debt- to-income and loan-to-value ratios.
- Recommending restructure loan request and for adverse action as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing and addressing items involving loan product, credit, occupancy and employment verifications and order pay off’s verbal verification of employment (VVOE)
- Oversee and aid team with ingest of document needed to clear ACL conditions.
- Update loan origination system with the information from collected documents.
- Maintain a working knowledge of both originating systems for home equity loans and lines of credit
- Assist point of contact with necessary business partner through closing and funding and answer any questions that member may have.
- Based on the business needs, may assist in other areas as requested (these duties may fall under the scope of other job functions within 1st and 2nd mortgages
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience preferably in residential mortgage lending in 1st Trust Mortgage or Home Equity processing/closing is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain loan information and complete research for members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a phone queue/call center environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone throughout entire shift.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, priority work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LoanServ, Penguin, Hogan, and any other mortgage software.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
This role is 100% remote. Should candidate reside within a reasonable distance to a Service Center, some office visits may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.
Comp Range: $41,300.00-$78,150.00
Eligible for Scorecard Bonus: Yes