All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 601 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The RN Coordinator in addition to the responsibilities of a staff nurse is responsible for providing continuity of nursing care to surgical/procedural patients of all groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Assesses plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care. Functions in the role of team facilitator/specialty coordinator. Supervises other health care team members in the unit environment. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel. Responsible for documentation of care and maintaining accurate records. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients. Responsible for cost containment. Assists with Performance Improvement. Adheres and assures that staff adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Assesses, interprets, and reports diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
- Serves in a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating patient care activities among the interdisciplinary patient care team. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, sales consultants, internal customers and management team with pertinent and ongoing communication.
- Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Utilizes literature, research and evidence-based practice to improve patient care and nursing practice. Is knowledgeable of unit results and action plans and shares unit PI data with staff.
- Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. As applicable, ensures supplies and equipment are available as needed for patient care.
- Provides input for personnel performance evaluations. Recognizes staff needs for additional skills and recommends pertinent education. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment: Supervises and initiates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies environmental concerns by participating in routine unit rounds, communicating necessary precautions for the safe environment. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and AdventHealth policy procedure.
- Maintains professional competency by participating in continuing education and appropriate learning experiences both internal and external. Attends pertinent conferences and seminars regarding clinical nursing, business, or management. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Unit related experience is required for unit placement
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements- see attached life support requirements per unit
- Operating Room Experience
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.