Registered Clinical Dietitian
The Registered Clinical Dietitian is responsible for planning regular and modified diets for all age patients as prescribed by Medical Staff. Functions include routinely visiting patients, counseling patients with nutritional needs. Participates in hospital, patient, and community education and outpatient programs. Assists with the maintenance of the department's Quality Assessment & Quality Improvement plan. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Assesses nutritional status of patients of all age groups: (pediatric-adult-geriatric).
• Documents, assesses, recommends, instructs, patients nutritional needs.
• Develops criteria for nutrition screening of patients.
• Identifies special nutritional needs.
• Analyzes nutritional assessment and data and documents in medical record.
• Plans regular and modified menus, according to approved diet manual and to the age need of the patient.
• Communicates with the family or significant other and involve the same in the decision making related to plan of care of the patients as noted above.
• Provides diet counseling to patients on different life cycle therapeutic diets using professional standards.
• Educates and instructs Medical Nutrition Therapy
(MNT) to patients, family, caregivers, and staff
• Maintains the outpatient nutritional counseling program
• Documents all counseling as set by policy and procedure.
• Participates in hospital educational activities
Patient Food Services
• Inspects food on tray-line for appearance, taste and temperature, as outlined in Policies and Procedures
• Assures the competence of department personnel. Provides information to encourage and develop food and nutrition staff.
• Presents clinical in-services for the Nutritional Service Department. Conducts monthly in-service and department meetings; documents objectives and employee attendance. Participates in appropriate continuing education to maintain registration and licensure. Directs office staff in Directors absence.
• Has knowledge of growth and development of patients as noted above.
• Maintains licensure and continuing education; shares information with hospital staff as appropriate.
• Participates in the continuous assessment and improvement plan.
• Initiates continuous Quality Improvement in daily tasks.
• Collects, assesses and determines data results and trends of performance for Performance Improvement.
• Participates in inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary groups focused on improving patient care.
Education and Training: Registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration. Licensed by the applicable State to practice Dietetics. Must possess a B.S. degree in Food/Nutrition, General Dietetics and/or Dietetics. Must be registration eligible through the American Dietetic Association.
Experience: Three years experience in a clinical setting preferred. Rehabilitation experiences a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of assessing nutrition status.
• Knowledge of diet modification and the administration of specialized nutrition therapies.
• Knowledge of menu planning.
• Knowledge of education methods.
• Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to evaluate information accurately and objectively.
• Ability to interpret federal and state rules and regulations.
• Written and oral skills to allow effective communications.
• Organizational skills.
• Supervisory skills.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.