***** TELCOMMUTE WITH RESTRICTIONS: Candidates must reside in Ohio with a preference for the Cleveland or Akron markets as regular, weekly travel to provider offices will be required.
OptumCare is a rapidly growing national, integrated health care organization that helps physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. We design and manage delivery systems in markets where we can achieve the Quadruple Aim — a better patient experience, higher quality care, lower costs, and a better experience for providers. With our expertise and resources, we are on the front lines transforming the health care delivery system to help improve the overall health of patients and communities.
This physician led, patient centric, and data driven business creates value by delivering and facilitating care across the full continuum through high performing networks comprised of owned, managed and contracted physicians, advanced practitioners and other providers. Our system impact extends across physicians, specialty care, urgent care, home health, post-acute transitions, complex care in skilled nursing facilities and palliative care.
The Network Recruitment and Engagement Associate (NRE) is responsible for recruiting and contracting with provider groups with the goal of developing a high performing provider network within the State of Ohio. This includes developing recruitment leads, delivering the value proposition, finalizing the contract arrangement and understanding and analyzing the competitive environment. Along with engaging the provider members through the on-boarding process with an effective transition to the Provider Business Managers (PBM). The NRE will support ongoing OCN-OH network development to include education to providers regarding new and existing payer value based relationships, available care management tools and resources, and geographic expansion. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in support of all initiatives developed and implemented by OCN-OH.
All positions of OCN–Ohio includes working collaboratively with the OCN-OH Medical Director to achieve improved performance on the elements of the triple aim consisting of total cost of care management, quality outcomes, and patient experience for our customers; employers and patients.
- Facilitate provider recruitments, contracting, education and network growth development in alignment with the mission, vision, values, strategy, and goals of OCN.
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with providers to work as a team in order to provide improved value to our patients and develop a competitive differentiation to position us as the value based organization of choice.
- Builds and maintains relationships and partnerships with physicians, and community-based organizations that support the delivery of healthcare in the state of Ohio.
- Understand and analyze the competitive landscape with the physician recruitment and network development.
- Provide direction and critical assistance in the development of strategy, leveraging organizational strengths and relationships to execute on provider market development and growth.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities, monitors national and local trends, and maintains contacts in Ohio and with other healthcare providers to build innovative partnerships and programs that deliver value in new ways.
- Provides assistance and guidance on the development of collateral material that demonstrates the value proposition that ensure improved patient-centered care, including appropriate preventive services, referral management, wellness initiatives, and population health management.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders that have the ability to provide introductions to providers in the marketplace; such as, United Healthcare associates, OPTUM associates, and peers.
- Three or more years of provider relations or managed care experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interface effectively both internally and externally with a wide range of people including physicians, office staff, hospital executives and other health plan staff.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with effective follow through.
- Can leverage relationships and develop strategies to grow provider networks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills to small and large groups
- Microsoft Office/Excel proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or a related field (Associate Degree with 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree).
- Professional provider relations experience involving physicians and administrative staff
- Understanding of IPAs, Clinically Integrated Networks, Medicare Shared Savings Programs, capitation/value-based contracting, and narrow networks.
- Experience with private and employed physician models and care redesign including care management and patient care.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider relations, physician relations, provider business manager, physician business manager, network contracting, physician recruitment, provider recruitment, business development, managed care, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumCare, Ohio, Cleveland, Akron