At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Quality Engineer you will design, develop and perform automated testing of enterprise class web applications with multiple windows and web user interfaces. Perform analysis of software projects for providing detailed testing scope and test planning. Provide concise and detailed reports on defects and discrepancies discovered. Assist software development teams in producing quality, defect-free software.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop and execute complex automation scripts using LHI automation tools for regression, functional and load testing of different functional areas in MedNet and portals.
- Develop Performance Monitoring scripts to be used for system performance monitoring for WinUI and WebUI applications.
- Design, develop, and execute Process Automation script suites to address company needs for automating repetitive back office tasks.
- Develop benchmark and threshold values for Performance Monitoring Scripts while anticipating customer needs.
- Serve as a key resource in evaluating software implementations for impact to existing Performance Monitoring, Process Automation and Regression Testing Scripts. Create and direct the completion of work items to maintain and update existing scripts based on this evaluation.
- Monitor and analyze Performance Monitoring and Regression Testing script results to ensure system performance meets expected benchmarks. Proactively develop solutions for trends and issues identified. Report discrepancies to Supervisor and Development Manager.
- Troubleshoot complex scripting problems, develop innovative solutions and investigate various related business processes to assess the feasibility of introducing, implementing and maintaining automation.
- Assist and mentor Automation QA testers in learning and developing automated scripts. Provide recommendations for improvement and share explanations and information to support team development.
- Perform system user interface testing prior to each new system release or prior to user acceptance testing or release to general user population.
- Participate in full test cycle, including Integrated System testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop complex test cases, procedures and automated test scripts for software implementation tasks anticipating customer needs and proactively testing solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Document and communicate test procedures and testing results to others on work team. Scope project testing effort for development tasks.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- US Citizenship
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience working in QA testing environment utilizing manual scripts
- Minimum 1 years of hands-on experience writing and developing automated scripts.
- Previous experience using automation tools such as TestCafe, Ranorex, Pega, or similar
- Experience testing object oriented, distributed, enterprise class, complex applications with multiple windows and web user interfaces.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented. Ability to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Math/MIS
- Experience with .NET framework, Visual Studio, Team Foundations Server or knowledge with similar source control
- National Career Readiness Certificate
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumServe, LHI, UHG, remote, telecommute, Automated Tester, QA Tester, IT, Automation, SDLC, SQL, TestCafé, Ranorex, Pega, #RPO, hiring immediately, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH