JOB TITLE: Purchasing Clerk
Do you have strong purchasing experience? Apply today to this exciting opportunity!
Shift: 8AM -5PM
- Compiles and maintains information and records to prepare purchase orders.
- May perform other related clerical tasks.
- Applies some advanced skills to the position within functional area.
- Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine.
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under general supervision.
- Edits purchase requests and prepares purchase orders.
- Consults catalogs and other references to obtain prices and specifications.
- Maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories and deliveries.
- Performs related clerical duties.
- May contact vendors and suppliers for quotations, and follow up on outstanding purchase orders.
- Applies standard formulas to calculate extensions and discount applications.
- Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent.
- May require vocational training
- 1-3 years of experience.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.