** Telecommute with Restrictions - Candidates Must Be Located in the Cincinnati Area **
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This physician led, patient centric, and data driven business creates value by delivering and facilitating care across the full continuum through high performing networks comprised of owned, managed and contracted physicians, advanced practitioners and other providers. Our system impact extends across physicians, specialty care, urgent care, home health, post-acute transitions, complex care in skilled nursing facilities and palliative care.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. In Provider Network Contracting, you will be responsible for recruiting and contracting with provider (physician) groups with the goal of developing a high performing provider network within the State of Ohio. This includes developing recruitment leads, delivering the value proposition, finalizing the contract arrangement and understanding and analyzing the competitive environment. This role will work with several stakeholders to ensure the outreach and communication to potential providers is coordinated, and that the program’s messaging is succinct and relevant to the provider. This role will support ongoing Optum-OH Network development to include education to providers regarding new and existing payer value-based relationships, available care management tools and resources, and geographic expansion. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in support of all initiatives developed and implemented by Optum-OH Network. This role will coordinate the transition of the provider from the contracting group to the Provider Business Manager (PBM) team for onboarding and relevant next steps.
All positions of OCN–Ohio work collaboratively with many internal partners and stakeholders.
If you are located in Cincinnati, OH, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate provider recruitments, contracting, education and network growth development in alignment with the mission, vision, values, strategy, and goals of OCN
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with providers to work as a team in order to provide improved value to our patients and develop a competitive differentiation to position us as the value based organization of choice
- Builds and maintains relationships and partnerships with physicians, and community-based organizations that support the delivery of healthcare in the state of Ohio
- Understand and analyze the competitive landscape with the physician recruitment and network development
- Provide direction and critical assistance in the development of strategy, leveraging organizational strengths and relationships to execute on provider market development and growth
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities, monitors national and local trends, and maintains contacts in Ohio and with other healthcare providers to build innovative partnerships and programs that deliver value in new ways
- Provides assistance and guidance on the development of collateral material that demonstrates the value proposition that ensure improved patient-centered care, including appropriate preventive services, referral management, wellness initiatives, and population health management
- Collaborate with other stakeholders that have the ability to provide introductions to providers in the marketplace; such as, United Healthcare associates, Optum associates, and peers
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or similar field of study
- 3+ years of account relations in marketing/sales capacity or managed care/provider relations experience
- Proven ability to use analytics to solve problems with effective follow through
- Demonstrated ability to grow provider networks or business development in sales/marketing capacity
- Experiencing making presentations to all size groups
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or similar field of studies
- Professional provider relations experience involving physicians and administrative staff
- Understanding of IPAs, Clinically Integrated Networks, Medicare Shared Savings Programs, capitation/value-based contracting, and narrow networks
- Experience with private and employed physician models and care redesign including care management and patient care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.