Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is looking for an energetic, creative and technically savvy Principal User Experience Designer to work within our User Experience Design Studio team!
The UX Designer is passionate about creating great experiences within health care. Their goal is to understand our users and business needs and collaborate with the product team to help create a great product experience for our users.
The Principal User Experience Designer will work within a collaborative, cross-functional project team to design portals, applications and web properties. They will partner with UX researchers, designers, developers and UX managers to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advocate for user-centered research and design principles
- Gather insights and test concepts with users in order to inform design decisions
- Work on one or more projects while meeting UX, technical and business requirements
- Collaborate with team members to identify, prioritize and implement design solutions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Use wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes to communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process
- Leverage and contribute to existing design pattern libraries and interface guidelines
- Iterate rapidly, with high quality, and with user centered focus
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Architecture, Communications, Computer Science, a related discipline, OR 2+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of UX experience
- Experience gathering user research and testing concepts with users to inform design decisions
- Experience conducting expert reviews and/or heuristic evaluations
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Portfolio of relevant user experience design and/or research project deliverables
- Demonstrated understanding user-centered design and research activities
- Eager to learn from engagement and team members
- Practice selling ideas with good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs
- Ability to quickly iterate designs to meet business and user needs while adapting to technical constraints
- Proven ability to work across the design process, with high quality and attention to detail
- Ability to receive and provide design critique
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree or higher in Design, HCI, Psychology, Information Architecture, or related discipline
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience with enterprise software
- Experience with medical or healthcare industries
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. UXPA, AIGA, IxDA, meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
- Knowledge of UX related analytics and metrics
- Experience in practical application of accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience in group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test moderation and card sorting
- Experience training and mentoring junior design staff
- Experience designing for mobile and/or responsive web
- Visual design skills
- Knowledge of video, motion graphics or photography
- Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients
- Ability to manage time and deadlines effectively
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal User Experience Designer, User Experience Designer, UX, User Experience, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote