Job ID: 300519
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of construction materials, and construction/paving services in the United States. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the Preferred Materials Region has facilities throughout the State of Florida, as well as Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. Companies within the Preferred Region are leading providers of ready mix concrete, concrete block, aggregate materials, hot mix and warm mix asphalt, as well as design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Preferred is committed to being a great place to work, and to attracting and retaining exceptional employees. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Provide leadership, training, supervision and support to the Concrete Delivery Professionals, Batch concrete and maintain plant. Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the concrete production and delivery departments. The positions’ ultimate goals are to develop an environment of work teams and guiding these teams to be the best in the business. The results of this being 100% on-time delivery, driver productivity, plant up time, all with zero lost loads and zero customer complaints.
- Evaluate, Oversee, and Manage all aspects of Dispatch Operations
- Evaluate, monitor, and coach personnel supervised.
- Manage the workforce assigned to your plant daily.
- Issue discipline at the direction of the Regional Manager and Driver Manager.
- Direct work at plant locations and job sites.
- Review time cards, act on, and where appropriate, approve payroll claims.
- Attendance and on-time monitoring.
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company.
- Positively supervise and motivate professional drivers and yardman if applicable.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the plant, region, and company.
- Implement and maintain 5s program.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
Safety & Environmental
- Assure compliance with ALL safety programs.
- Hold daily Take 5 meetings with all employees and visitors.
- Confirm that proper maintenance is conducted on all equipment.
- Manage storm-water / spill prevention program.
- Conduct routine safety inspections and report corrections as needed.
- Assist with accident & environmental investigation / compliance.
- Maintain all records required for Greenstar compliance
Vehicle and Equipment Service and Maintenance
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment - report repair priorities.
- Insure plants and operating equipment is clean and properly maintained.
- Insure safety equipment is maintained.
- Perform routine plant maintenance.
- Schedule vehicle repairs through Regional Manager.
- Perform and record product testing as required on a daily basis.
- Maintain stock piles in accordance with IDOT standards.
- Maintain calibration of moisture probes.
- Must keep an open line of communication with the Quality Control department. (Any mix design variations, etc.)
- Maintain daily black diary.
- Perform batching of concrete, ensuring that proper mix design and job specifications are followed.
- Coordinate raw material orders with Customer Service Center.
- Maintain specified inventory levels on all materials.
- Perform general maintenance on plant equipment and facilities as needed.
- Responsible for all monies received.
- Adhere to returned concrete policy.
Job Function Requirements
- Always present a professional appearance in accordance with the American Concrete dress code.
- Answer phone in a professional manner.
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager.
- Demonstrate and communicate high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with Customer Service Team and Sales Team.
- Maintain and post all KPI’s daily.
- Maintain housekeeping tasks of plant site and office to conform to company and legal Safety standards.
- All plant managers are to be an Iowa certified plant inspector.
- Open, read, and respond to emails daily.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Ready Mix Concrete is required
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and all company personnel.
- Must have extensive knowledge of surrounding area.
- Must have extensive knowledge of company products and services.
- Management; staff supervision experience is a plus. Will supervise union employees. Must be able to supervise and control personnel to accommodate customer satisfaction.
- May be required to have a Class A or B CDL.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must take the initiative to increase the quality of one’s skills to become more efficient.
- Must be able to make good judgment calls when under pressure.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to read and understand maps.
- Work requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting objects.
- Must be able to perform mathematical function pertaining to billing, volumes, quantities, etc
- Must have or acquire good computer skills in order to operate batching, billing and communication equipment.
- May be required to work at other locations to fill in for other managers as needed.
- Must be able to go out and approach people to obtain future business or investigate complaints.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.