Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
So where are we today? The public and health care community are focused on the scope, diversity and quality of provider networks associated with health care products and coverage. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. That means everything is open to new ideas and innovation. And your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this managerial role, you'll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide support for new pharmacy network product offerings, including state and/or federal regulatory impacts
- Ensure teams are obtaining, validating, and analyzing data impacting network product offerings in support of client contractual agreements
- Support the implementation and solutioning of new state and/or federal network regulatory requirements and rulemaking
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams in support of ad hoc pharmacy network projects
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Drive program design and implementation to improve quality and affordability through improvements in appropriateness and effectiveness
- Drive the execution and delivery of multiple initiatives in support of the department’s strategic roadmap
This is an opportunity that will offer you challenge like no other. We operate a complex, matrixed business that requires you to work through ambiguity even as you build a relationship with some of our most focused and intense business leaders. You'll need to conceptualize effectively, communicate clearly and earn credibility within a demanding business environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience
- 3+ years of experience working in highly matrixed roles
- 2+ years of project management or project lead experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM), health plan, or healthcare consulting experience
- Experience using Agile Methodology
- Proven ability to develop effective partnerships and networks, collaborating and influencing broadly and at multiple levels in the organization
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills
- Solid strategic thinking and planning skills, combined with ability to create and execute corresponding operational plans
- Passion for and commitment to a consumer and client driven culture
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.