Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Services Coordinator performs a wide variety of duties associated with patient services. This position is responsible for all components of the patient experience ranging from patient in-take, office visit, patient close-out, and appointment scheduling. The position also oversees the reporting function for the clinic including compliance specific reports as well as corporate statistics.
- Prepares weekly reports including documentation for management regarding the status of Data Rap appointments and general patient information
- Oversees the membership report and ensure that information provided by the information technology department is updated on a bi-weekly basis to reflect all current patient data
- Coordinates initial patient contact and ensures patient eligibility to clinic and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed prior to setting up appointments
- Prepares and mails out new patient packets to include welcome letter, magnets, bios, and appointment confirmation dates
- Initiates Comfort Care appointments for patients as needed and trouble shoots problems that may arise between Comfort Care and the patient
- Completes a monthly membership report to review new members and to check for patients that are not reachable
- Coordinates with PHC customer service for patients that are not reachable as well as involving management to take next steps to follow-up with the patient
- Validates patients’ attestation sheets and conducts research to determine if and when a patient may need a follow-up visit
- Coordinates with the physicians and ensures a timely submission of the attestation sheets to the Data Rap department
- Reviews and tracks the Data Rap process to ensure patients are scheduled in a timely manner and or re-schedule as needed
- Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collected for patient file and billing
- Inputs and/or updates patient demographic information in RIS and advises on the collection of patient payment
- Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic
- Serves as a team lead as needed by the Clinic Administrator
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- WellMed at Mission / near Griffin PKW and the Lonestar - corner of Shary RD
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs/applications
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks, demands simultaneously
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, RMA, Patient Services Coordinator, PSC, Patient Care Technician, Mission, Pharr, Jacksonville, Florida, FL