Sign On Bonus Opportunity for qualified candidates!
Relocation Assistance available!
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator/Charge Nurse.
At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Fertility and Family Building Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Free Onsite Parking
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Hospital family here in Jacksonville, Florida! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (formally Charge RN) on our 4 West Medical/Surgical/Ortho Unit, you will be responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmental outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher is required, or obtained within 3 years of hire
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is required
- 2 years of clinical practice in the specialty unit is required
- Leadership experience is preferred
- an accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- Dedicated Heart Center
- State of the art Spine Clinic
- Special Beginnings – the Memorial Hospital maternity center
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville is also a Certified Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.