SkillStorm is seeking an Onboarding Specialist to work onsite in our Jacksonville, FL office. This is a full time position. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
The Onboarding Specialist (OS) will be responsible for ensuring the company is compliant with relevant company and industry regulations and standards. In this role, you will consult with the Onboarding and HR associates.
• Prepare large- and small-scale audits to confirm processes are being followed.
• Prepare audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
• Proactively audit processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses.
• Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
• Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of Onboarding and HR teams.
• Ensuring a smooth new hire process for new and existing candidates
• Reviewing and validating all incoming documents. Accurately classifying, filing, distributing and entering the documents into internal databases according to established procedures.
• Communicating the receipt of time sensitive documents.
• Responding to all internal and external inquiries regarding the validity and receipt of documents.
• Monitoring the progress of onboarding and acting as the main contact for all issues related to documentation management.
• Continuously provide professional assistance for each new onboarding requirement.
• Ensure that all required onboarding paperwork is complete and filed.
• Work with multiple internal departments to process a substantial volume of documents.
• Helps others by answering questions and responding to requests.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Educate and train employees on industry and company regulations and practices.
• Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
• Collaborate with onboarding team, external auditors, and HR when needed.
• Partner with internal and external legal resources to interpret and review immigration laws to ensure SkillStorm is operating in full compliance with applicable regulations.
• Adhering to all HIPPA and internet security regulations.
• Call attention to discrepancies and work amicably with coworkers and candidates to perfect documents.
• Learn and maintain knowledge base of current company, state and federal regulations to ensure the greatest possible compliance.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Strong business acumen, professionalism, and personal integrity
• Exceptional business communication, written and spoken with active listening skills
• Excellent time management and planning skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, a desire to self-drive career development objectives
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Must demonstrate excellent English grammar and writing skills
• Must also possess general knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to human resources.
• Must have a thorough general knowledge and understanding of human resources functions.
• Associate’s Degree is preferred but not required