Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx is looking for a curious, adaptable, and self-motivated individual to be part of our Network Pricing team. This is an advanced analytics role where you will be responsible for the oversight of client contract management through financial and network price modeling, forecasting and reporting. You’ll learn the business fundamentals of drug pricing and client performance management, the underlying data flows, and the tools and systems used in this type of financial analysis. The person in this role will lead analytical projects to improve our modeling, pricing, and reporting and will work with and have regular exposure to analysts and projects in our global data science and network pricing teams. In addition, strong communication skills are important as this role partners with other departments including Underwriting, Legal, Account Management, Operations, and Clinical to effectively oversee client performance management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and perform financial analysis and modeling as it relates to setting prescription drug prices
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Concisely summarize and communicate the results of complex analytics
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Participate in the development of new ideas, products and/or approaches
- Proactively identify anomalies in drug pricing, client performance, utilization patterns, or prescription claims data
- Collaborate independently with other department SMEs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and/or displaying financial modeling results to inform actionable decisions
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Postgraduate degree
- Python, SQL, R or SAS experience
- Tableau experience
- PBM experience
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That’s the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Analysis, Health Care Pricing, Network Management, Healthcare Economics, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote