- Security engineer responsible for implementation of deception / honeypot tooling and use cases including agent / decoy deployment, tool configuration, campaign implementation, documentation and SEIM integration. We are looking for someone with 6-8+ years' engineering experience, able to function as an independent, engineering SME on the team.
- • Engineers, configures, deploys, and maintains Web Application Firewall solution (Kona site defender)
- • Develops advanced alerts/reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders (WAF policy management experience is a plus)
- • Collaborates with key stakeholders within Information Security and Engineering teams to develop specific use cases to address specific business needs
- • Creates WAF rules/signatures to mitigate threats and implements best practices
- • Creation and implementation of custom alerting dashboards in SIEM for investigations
- • Works extensively with different stakeholders (mainly IT Asset owner/ web masters) across DB for deployment of WAF
- • Aids in gathering metrics for measuring Performance and Risk
- • Provides ongoing support to existing monitoring capabilities and data collection systems.
- • Provides development support for the expansion and implementation of new systems.
- • Understands configuration/requirements of web applications and adjust WAF to address the needs of the app (mutual TLS, public key pinning etc.)
Mandatory Skills Description:
- • Extensive knowledge of Web Application Firewall product administration (Big Plus Kona Site Defender (Akamai Technologies WAF) experience)
- • Extensive knowledge of web technologies and concepts
- • Exposure to Web Application Vulnerabilities
- • Expertise in one or multiple areas such as operating systems, web services, programming languages, network devices, application vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- • Proven ability to understand and analyze highly complex issues, then apply experience and judgment to develop sound recommendations related to application and security event identification and resolution
- • Strong researching, writing, and organizational skills
- • Experience in reviewing and analyzing log files and data correlation
- • Demonstrates knowledge of HTTP message composition
- Additional Experience: Windows, Unix, Kona Site Defender