Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Mortgage Operations Business Analyst at the following locations: San Antonio, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Jacksonville, Florida; Frisco, Texas; Dallas, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. Looking for Encompass or Tavant experience. The Mortgage Operations Business Analyst role must exhibit outstanding mastery of working cross functionally to manage and deliver measurable business outcomes across PenFed’s Home Loans business. Successful candidates must assess/mitigate risks, provide timely and relevant reporting to management, and ensure quality delivery across multiple projects. This position will work with business stakeholder and subject matter experts to elicit success criteria, document user requirements, and validate testing needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support project assignments and IT technical staff by understanding user-based parameter changes including upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Act as liaison between the business units, technical staff, and 3rd party vendors.
- Defining/Reviewing business requirements to capture business area needs and guide new change initiatives. Facilitate resolution of obstacles that emerge along the way to drive projects forward.
- Developing user Stories, acceptance criteria’s, test plans, and test cases, support execution (and documentation) of UAT testing/Product validation.
- Working, in partnership, with internal and external partners, including close partnership with IT and with external vendors and partners.
- Assist in the evaluation of business requirements for translation into system requirements in consideration of business need and existing technology infrastructure.
- Accountability for capturing action items, issues, and risks associated with assigned projects. Follow up on items with appropriate parties to ensure their resolution and/or advance issues in a timely fashion
- Analyzing new mortgage industry products, including new offerings in up and downstream systems, assess impacts on existing applications.
- Validate (and in some cases assist) the coordination and execution of all User Acceptance test plans and detailed test cases to ensure development and maintenance tasks meet business requirements and do not negatively affect existing system functions and processes.
- Coordinate and document User Acceptance testing progress and problem tracking.
- Support technical staff by participating in unit and integration testing during the development phase of projects (if needed).
- Support the implementation and post-implementation of business process changes in production. Gain department functional knowledge as it relates to business processes to capitalize on system enhancements designed to improve workflow.
- Work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements, deadlines and departmental goals and objectives
- [User Support Team] Serve in a user support capacity assisting and solving LOS (Loan Origination System) issue tickets (if applicable to individual role).
- [User Support Team] Review problems and proactively escalate issues for resolution while understanding the major impacts to technical and business-related areas. Perform root cause analysis providing recommendations and solutions that can be quickly implemented to correct the problem;
- Organized, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), results oriented, and professional demeanor
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Primary Mortgage market experience business analysis or system analysis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in mortgage primary market projects with preferred experience in Mortgage, Home Equity, and/or correspondent business channels
- Prior working experience with mortgage Encompass LOS platform required
- Prior working experience with mortgage Tavant POS platform
- Prior working experience with Robotic Process Automation technology preferred
- Prior working experience in agile project development and delivery methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Visio, MS Excel, data analysis, JIRA, and SharePoint
- Online Letter Library management experience preferred
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.