We Are Hiring:
St. Catherine's, part of Ascension Living, is looking for a caring and detail-orientated Medical Records Specialist to join the team! This gorgeous continuing care retirement community offers independent living, assisted living, long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
M-F (730AM-400PM) or (830AM-500PM)
Why join St. Catherine’s ?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do:
Perform clerical and/or technical duties associated with medical records, processes and procedures.
- Receive, analyze, process and file health information for completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Audit accuracy of electronic and manual entry, and facilitate resolution of any discrepancies.
- Maintain smooth operational flow by assisting with general clerical duties.
- Process requests for release of information according to regulatory requirements.
- Notify physicians and appropriate parties of requests when applicable.
- Perform clerical/technical duties associated coding processes and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree from an accredited school
- 1+ years of coding experience
- CCS certification highly preferred
Why Join Our Team:
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Living is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension Living will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension Living will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.