We Are Hiring:
Ascension is seeking a Medical Assistant to help support the Associate & Occupational Health department as a PRN - Medical Assistant.
The Associate & Occupational Health department has a strong team approach. You will be heard, supported, and encouraged each day by the team around you!
PRN, varied shifts, Monday-Saturday 0630-1630, As needed, hours will vary. Will require travel throughout the 3 facilities within Jacksonville ministry.
What You Will Do:
As a Medical Assistant, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Aid with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties including completing the Return to Work authorization checklist and process for associates returning from a leave of absence.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Fulfill basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year of MA experience.
- Lab draw experience is highly desired.
- BLS through America Heart Association (AHA)
- Candidate must possess good personal communication and organizational skills.
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.