Demant is a leading international hearing healthcare company that develops, produces, and sells hearing solutions, accessories, diagnostic instruments, and personal communication. The group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employees exceeding 14,000, and revenues of well over 2 billion USD. Demant has a strong presence in the US market and is looking for outstanding passionate talent committed to the goals and mission of the company. As one of the global market leaders in the hearing health care field, opportunities exist in many of our businesses, shared services, as well as new ventures and projects. Group companies collaborate in many areas and share resources and technologies.
Birdsong Hearing Benefits is Demant’s managed care company within the United States. Birdsong serves as a hearing benefits manager and third-party administrator in delivering hearing care benefits and services to health plans. Birdsong also provides oversight to its subsidiaries AudioNet America, Your Hearing Network and Advanced Hearing Providers.
Birdsong seeks to hire a Marketing Manager who will lead the management and execution of all marketing activities for the Birdsong brand. This position will deliver integrated marketing activities and solutions across multiple vehicles (website, digital, print, events and others) across B2B and B2C environments to drive unit and revenue targets for Birdsong. The role will also work in partnership with multiple stakeholders to review market dynamics to determine consumer/customer needs to optimize marketing effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the localization and execution of brand marketing activities for the Birdsong brand in the United States
- Work directly with internal and external creative agencies to deliver high quality commercial deliverables
- Ensure marketing spend is kept within approved Birdsong marketing budget. Measure impact of marketing vehicles (KPIs, ROI)
- Engage in the development of communication with the US Sales team regarding company strategies, product launches and other key initiatives to drive results in converting, growing, and retaining key customers and growing the US market in general
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and execute effective marketing and sales plans related to business segment / product focus (promotions, pricing, print, digital and other marketing vehicles)
- Leverage customer data to develop insights into US customers’ products and services needs to provide effective inputs for marketing portfolio planning process
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas to ensure business issues are addressed and to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support
- Ensure strong alignment around company’s business objectives, key strategies, and execution of business plan
- Ensure the company is focused on meeting customer’s need and be a positive agent for change within the organization
Requirements and Must Have Criteria
- Technical Experience and Skill: 5 years of relevant marketing experience. Experience within healthcare and / or managed care across both B2B and B2C is highly preferable. The ability to work in a hand’s on, fast paced, customer focused environment and have a thirst for learning new things is required.
- Design and Presentation: Produce high-quality design solutions for various channels. Strong design and presentation skills to present design solutions to client stakeholders through storytelling in a way that inspires confidence and drives approval.
- Project Management: Ability to create and manage multiple projects with various degrees of complexity and ambiguity.
- Problem Solver: Ability to apply empathy with critical thinking skills to identify customer opportunities, abrasions, solve problems and design achievable solutions. Analyze market and voice of the customer data to inform and drive marketing strategies and solutions with measurable outcomes.
- Interpersonal Communication and Relational Building Skills: Ability to relate to and effectively work with a diverse group of individuals, groups, and people collaboratively and diplomatically. Proven ability to engage internal and external constituencies. The person must possess an uncanny ability to handle and to resolve conflict in a productive and direct manner. Excellent oral and written communications are a must. The person must also exude high energy with a positive manner and a can-do attitude and excellent judgment.
- Deep Healthcare/Hearing Care/Managed Care Expertise: Mission-oriented and energetic, the person must have a demonstrated track record of success in the US healthcare/hearing care/managed care sector.
Other Personal Characteristics and Experience
- Strong strategic and analytical competence to understand and analyze consumer, financial and market data to forecast, plan and measure success.
- Ability to simultaneously balance and adjust to multiple changing priorities and make decisions with speed and accuracy.
- A true team player who takes a collaborative approach within a matrix environment. Able to work cooperatively with colleagues and executives. Someone who is able and willing to foster communication, build consensus, and ultimately align around common objectives.
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem-solving, and implementing new programs related to increased customer and user experience.
- Understanding of the US Managed Care Market including government programs and commercial. Hearing Aid experience and Medicare Advantage market knowledge preferred.
- Impeccable values, ethical standards, and a strong moral compass with integrity.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status