Job Description Summary
In the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the manufacturing of electrical & mechanical assemblies. In this position you will be responsible for the manufacturing processes as well as driving continuous improvement and process yield. You will work with a cross functional team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing problems, troubleshoot and resolve process and product issues through immediate or short-term planning.
- Troubleshoot product failures to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Develops and implements process improvements to reduce costs and cycles.
- Participates in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and losses.
- Ensure proper documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer expectations and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- Support daily production operations involving mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes