A prominent company in theManufacturing industryis looking for the next Manufacturing Engineer. This is a great company to work with that has amazing benefits and growth opportunities. Their culture is second to none,offering a strong family feel!
The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
Responsibilities of a Manufacturing Engineer
- Utilize machining process knowledge, particularly steel and iron metal cutting and grinding.
- Work with suppliers and product engineering thru simultaneous engineering, CPMT, and other related forums.
- Talk to product design to evaluate machining and assembly feasibility; incorporate DFM/DFA principles.
- Understand and be able to apply discrete event simulation for improved constraint analysis, work with ME Productivity team as appropriate.
- Initiate bids, evaluate, and recap bids for equipment purchase; deliver agreed upon sourcing recommendations with purchasing team.
- Employ/support/implement Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Lead APQP and PPAP process.
- Support Six Sigma projects.
- Leverage solid understanding of QS 9000 and ISO 14000 procedures.
Qualifications for Manufacturing Engineer
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 2 or more years process engineering experience in a manufacturing plant environments
- Project/program experience desired
- Extensive manufacturing process knowledge
- Solid understanding of GD&T, blueprint reading, tolerance stack up and process design
- Understand lean material flow principles and integrate within machining system layout
- Understand time and motion study principles and be able to apply to machining process design
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Solid understanding of R&M, FMEA and 8D processes
- Six Sigma and LEAN knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficient computer, written and oral skills
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation capabilities
Compensation/Benefits for Manufacturing Engineer
- Industry leading compensation
- Complete benefits package
- Positive work environment
Apply now for the next step in your Manufacturing Engineer career!
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Irving Booth directly at 605-705-3099. Resumes may be confidentially sent to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.