Requisition ID: R10054124
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Saint Augustine, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support our Manufacturing Process Engineering team and will be located in Saint Augustine, FL.
This role will support manufacturing of large metallic structures (i.e. sheet metal, machined details), repairs, work instructions and shop aids. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Interpreting customer furnished drawings and specifications and author work instructions for fabrication, and working closely with program office, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, training and operations to solve production high driver defects. The selected candidate will be identified as a subject matter expert and provide manufacturing support to Production.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ manufacturing experience OR a Master’s Degree; may consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a Degree
- Basic understanding of fabrication (i.e. drilling, countersinking, repairs, etc.)
- Ability to work 1st shift "6am-4:30pm" or 2nd shift "4:30pm-3:00am" and any work schedule (times may vary)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- STEM Degree (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical)
- Experience with process improvements, Developing Process Work instructions
- Knowledge with Manufacturing Tools, Sanding/spraying operations
- Experience working hands-on in a production assembly line environment
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Current and active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Program Access Preferred
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of leadership, clients, and vendors
- Experience with external suppliers, designing/modifying customer designs to meet end use purpose
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.