Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager of Social Work is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing regional operations for Social Work activities within their region. The position directs and supervises duties with appropriate personnel to meet operational program needs. The position ensures compliance with state and federal health plan requirements, Medicare guidelines and standards; implements policy and procedure changes; updates and integrates current clinical practice guidelines. The position provides employee counseling, performance appraisals, and oversees employee training and development for the region social work team. The Manager collaborates with the Enterprise Social Work leadership dyad, region medical directors, supported PCPs, Case Management staff, clinic operations and central medical management leadership to ensure activities are appropriately integrated into the overall execution of the WellMed care model to achieve desired patient outcomes.
If you are located in Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers Orlando, Jacksonville, Treasure Coast, or Stuart, FL, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Job Scope
- Supports the regional social work operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, directing, monitoring, and evaluating)
- Oversees social worker functions for the region and ensures compliance with approved standardized guidelines, government mandated regulations, and contractual agreements to include NCAQ, URAC, and CMS
- Manages a team of licensed staff, provides direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to the team in order to deliver sound decisions and documentation
- Monitors compliance of corporate and regional level performance metrics and cost reduction initiatives associated with social work operations (Quality, SDoH, etc.). Conducts appropriate corrective actions when targets and goals are not met
- Serves as the social work regional representative during planned enterprise and/or strategic level engagements and provides input for situation awareness, forecasting, and planning activities
- Adapts plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Subject matter expert for region’s community based, state, and federal services
- Manage Social Work Program Quality and Improvement
- Leverages clinical acumen to provide guidance and assistance to staff in navigating the medical management system
- Oversees the team’s daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures; ensures staff is incorporating changes within SW work streams appropriately
- Monitors and provides oversight while tracking trends for potential improvements with coordination of care processes
- Monitors and provides oversight to quality objectives/metrics while tracking trends for potential improvements in the social work processes (health and psychosocial assessments, social service interventions, etc.)
- Analyzes data and information obtained, identifying root causes or underlying issues that may create barriers for members to achieve goals within the plan of care
- Monitors, evaluates, and disseminates social work program and productivity reports on a weekly, monthly, or as needed basis (Referral review, auditing of SW cases, etc.)
- Engages in meetings to support care coordination activities between the providers and social work team
- Support efforts to address and fulfill member’s Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) needs within all settings (Ambulatory, Acute, Post-Acute, and the SDoH Plan of Care Assessment) to include identifying potential vendor solutions
- Collaborate assessment efforts with multi/interdisciplinary team members to identify member needs and team member roles
- Serves as the regional representative for community resource data and provides updates to key stakeholders annually (minimum)
- Provides input for Education and Training (E&T) resources that impact social work operations annually (minimum)
- Manage Social Work Program Administration
- Evaluates staff performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and is responsible for documenting disciplinary actions and corrective action plans
- Ensures employees are current with clinical licensure, certifications, and annual training
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring staff while minimizing staff turnover
- Mentors team members, fostering relationship with regional operations team and providing resources for vendor and provider education needs
- Provides mentorship opportunities and professional development recommendations
- Monitors appropriate utilization of resources (overtime, supplies and mileage)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience (18+ years of comparable work experience)
- Active and unrestricted LCSW or LMSW license in any US state
- 5+ years of social work experience within a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- 3+ years of demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience with exploratory data analysis and statistics
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Notes, and Outlook
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification or proof of certification within in one year of hire date
- Operations management experience in a decentralized and multi-site organization
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Strong organizational skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Social Work, Social Worker, Social Work, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, Licensed Master Social Worker, LMSW, Managed Care, Hospital, Physician Practice, Certified Case Manager, CCM, Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers, Orlando, Jacksonville, Treasure Coast, Stuart, Florida, FL, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Optum