UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage policy / forms filing responsibilities with state and federal regulatory and enforcement agencies for products of business clients/partners
- Develop relationships through written and verbal communication with representatives of Federal and State regulatory and enforcement agencies to ensure effective communication and cooperation
- Review, analyze and present conclusions on state and federal laws and regulations to coordinate with various internal departments and committees to assure operational and procedural compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Oversee data collection, analysis and presentation for compliance-related reports required (such as reports to support license filings, appeals & complaints reporting, market conduct examinations, accreditation audit reports, customer audits etc.)
- Triage complex compliance issues that are escalated by staff
- Collaborate with operations to review, analyze and develop/oversee initial implementation project plans and/or corrective action plans to ensure compliance with new or existing laws and regulations and company, customer and accreditation requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working in health care, managed care and/or health insurance
- 5+ years of experience in health care regulatory environment
- 3+ years of project management experience, including experience simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with state, HIPAA and other federal privacy laws
- Experience building relationships across business groups internally and outside the organization (regulatory agencies)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience supervising and leading a team
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote