* Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
* 5+ years of product management experience, including experience in product development and systems deployments.
* Project management experience.
* Product Management Experience; Product development, Lead on Projects from Design, Testing, Training, and Deployment/Hypercare
* Experienced Leader with Expertise in Transportation Management Systems (Domestic and International) Responsible of Outbound ( Final Mile) Technology solutions.
* Ability to build a team and lead through an integration environment.
* Experience with Change Management and driving innovation.
* Experience Working with Route Optimization Planning and Delivery Execution Software (Descartes/Roadnet Preferred)
* Excellent Communications Skills
* Capable of Communicating Vision and Strategy to Technical and Non-Technical Teams to Achieve Desired Program/Project Design
* Capable of Communicating Project Objectives and Statuses at Executive Summary Level and Tactical Level for Execution
Manages and drives the development and execution of technology product concepts, solution designs, and enhancements for one or more functional areas. Engages end users and stakeholders to build business cases, develop key performance indicators, and launch capabilities for assigned products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
* Develops and leads the product strategies for one or more functional areas, including creating the vision for assigned projects, conducting market research and planning, designing concepts and user cases, and completing feasibility analyses.
* Oversees product management and support on collateral development, new product and application launches, and system upgrades and enhancements to improve key processes.
* Builds business cases for product ideas and oversees the coordination of systems and solutions throughout the product life cycle from strategic definition through end-of-life planning.
* Develops new product introduction processes and leads implementation.
* Works with cross-functional teams to design, specify, document, prioritize, and execute product vision, including obtaining alignment and buy-in from key stakeholders.
* Provides market, industry and competitive expertise and analysis to drive product performance.
* Measures and reports product performance and quality.
* Makes periodic visits to field locations, trade shows, and technical conferences to gather market intelligence and feedback.
Nature and Scope
* Solutions require analysis and investigation.
* Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
* Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.