Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Manager, Communications will drive the business-to-business communications strategy and execution, proactive campaigns that position the business across key areas of opportunity and serve as the main liaison in driving international alignment across teams. In this role, the candidate will work with the senior leadership team to craft and pitch business and trade media, develop presentations and write scripts, and manage campaigns that proactively position the business, while also helping to protect the reputation of the segment and the company. This role requires deep collaboration with various stakeholders domestically and internationally to align efforts around our key communications priorities. The role also requires cross collaboration with LOB Comms leaders to uncover key stories and strategies tied to those businesses.
This role will report into the Director, Communications and Public Affairs, CPGP
- Establish and drive the overarching business-to-business communications strategy for Disneys consumer products, games and publishing businesses.
- Manage presence at industry events to drive our key priorities with partners, media and consumers, including preparing executive presentations, scripting showcases and crafting event communications and surveys.
- Craft/pitch business and trade stories tied to the consumer products, games and publishing narrative that is cross-category/cross-franchise.
- Manage global campaigns from start to finish tied to diversity, equity and inclusion, sustainability, healthy living and digital transformation, and positioning our business as a place people want to work.
- Craft earnings call recaps, ongoing communications briefs and regular industry news updates for senior leadership.
- Collaborate with CPGP licensees and retailers to review and approve messaging in advance of investor events and presentations.
- Identify opportunities and submit CPGP for industry awards and key industry lists.
- Serve as primary liaison to international leads and formalize a process for cross-collaboration/information sharing to ensure communications team remains strategically consistent and tactically divergent.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for communications and public relations
- Ability to partner across a matrixed organization, and take into account the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights
- Excellent PC and Mac literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using SharePoint or other Content Management System, Microsoft Office suite, Keynote, etc.
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or marketing or equivalent work experience, preferably with an emphasis in Corporate Communications.
Additional Information :