Buena Vista Construction Company (BVCC) is a business entity within Walt Disney World that provides Construction Management and General Contracting expertise to support facility, show and ride enhancements, and refurbishments. The Manager of Planning and Controls leads the support function for Buena Vista Construction Company which includes estimating, scheduling, timekeeping/payroll, and reporting. You will develop appropriate measurements and reports to forecast performance and improvement. You will identify opportunities, and new issues and develop and implement solutions. Safety remains a top priority for all team members.
You will report to Director Buena Vista Construction Company
- Lead salaried and hourly direct reports, including career mentoring and performance coaching
- Provide support in the management of project budget and cost control tasks including budgeting, scheduling, estimating, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management.
- Provide support to detailed schedule development based on project understanding from team members.
- Establish project budget, baselines, and report variances.
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends, and planning.
- Identify project risks and help develop mitigation plans.
- Develop custom project reports to facilitate project discussions.
- Track project deliverables and monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities).
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends, and re-forecast.
- Develop detailed cash flow and commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Oversight of schedule development.
- Develop customized schedule reports following project needs (two-week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports, milestone reports ).
- Identify design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages, and potential impacts and help identify mitigations. Determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Manage project schedule development and update processes and ensure accuracy and agreement on the master schedule.
- Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 8+ years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of construction acquisition strategies and contracting principles.
- Knowledge of Construction methods and materials and the ability to interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy and identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
- Experience driving effectiveness in large teams through established and creative metrics and collaboration.
- Demonstrated compassion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives, encouraging an inclusive work environment, and supporting workforce diversity.
- Knowledge of union trades and formal union agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in different aspects of project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, and forecasting/ reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Management, or applicable related profession.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
#LI-ML3, safety22, #DPEPFLA