Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Tech. I is responsible for the operation of department equipment and general maintenance of the facility & equipment. These duties are performed in accordance with all applicable standards to provide a safe environment of care for employees, patients, & visitors of all ages. Other responsibilities include security in the absence of a security officer and other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
General Maintenance, Grounds keeping and Security
• Performs readings in the Central Plant & mechanical rooms in the building. Reports any equipment found not in normal range to the Director of Plant Operations.
• Performs urgent corrective, routine, requested repairs of electrical, mechanical, & plumbing systems as required, restricted to: resetting breakers, replacing defective switches, plugs, lamps, & ballast. Adjusts thermostats, makes minor repairs to plumbing systems (i.e. repairing leaky faucets, toilet repair, & unstopping drain lines.
• Maintains fire alarm system. (Includes proper response to alarms, to changes defective components, & resets the system.
• Exhibits ability to evaluate nurse call system problems. (Includes resetting the system, changing remotes, & when to call contract service.)
• Maintains complete records of all inspections, preventive maintenance & repairs on all equipment & systems.
• Performs light maintenance duties as requested to include replacing light bulbs, light carpentry, moving furniture, removing scrap, etc.
• Performs Security duties as assigned. Maintains awareness of appropriateness of presence if individuals in an around the facility.
• Performs routine inspections & preventive maintenance in the patient rooms to ensure safety & comfort.
• Performs required preventive maintenance on patient room fan & coil units.
• Performs testing, adjustment, & routine maintenance to facility swimming pools.
Education and Training: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. An electrical maintenance license preferred but not required (can train).
Experience: One to two years related experience and or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. General Maintenance background experience required, hospital maintenance experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of Plant Operations.
• Works days, evening, or night shift as assigned.
• Ability to do work on his/her own without more than normal supervision.
• Basic working knowledge of the fire alarm & signal systems.
• Basic knowledge of how to use & maintain plant tools & equipment.
• Ability to paint & perform basic drywall repairs.
• Knowledge & observance of safety precautions.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.