WoodSpring Suites Hotel, managed and operated by Nationwide Hotel Management Company, LLC. is looking for a Maintenance Technician. Nationwide Hotel Management Company (NHMC) is a full-service hotel management company specializing in the economy and select service segments of the hospitality industry, with services focused on the extended stay segment.
Essential Job Functions
- Interior and exterior painting, drywall repairs and minor flooring/baseboard repair or replacement
- Remove damaged appliances and installs replacement microwaves, sinks, refrigerators, and stove tops
- Complete the preventative maintenance checklist and complete minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, lighting fixtures, etc. to keep product quality to standard
- Replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Diagnosis of electrical systems such as PTAC, light switches, electrical panels, television sets, lighting systems, and complete minor repairs and/or replacement if necessary
- Diagnose and complete minor repairs to general plumbing systems and fixtures such as supply lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- May assist the GM with occasional errands including taking the daily bank deposits to the bank when the GM is out and making purchases at local stores for supplies
- Minor snow removal and landscape maintenance
- Coordinate various repairs requiring outside vendors
- Member of the Hotel Safety Committee
- Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting and HVAC
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction
- Must have own basic tools such as hammers, drills, screwdrivers, etc.
- 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred
- A valid state issued driver’s license is preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time benefit eligible position with occasional on-call requirements.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust