Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
- The Lending Officer 1 is responsible for monitoring lending activities for multiple business units or departments.
- Functions may include: approving loans in excess of regional, state, business unit or credit underwriter authority levels; ensuring conformity with company/ regulatory policies and procedures; granting credit and exception approvals and providing credit quality controls; monitoring of delinquency, loss, and risk rating accuracy; assisting credit officers and other senior officers with structuring, pricing and documentation of loan transactions; monitoring and reviewing credit underwriting and portfolio management performance; managing on-going account relationships.
- May be responsible for preparing or reviewing reports provided to senior management regarding portfolio performance.
- May also be responsible for reviewing/approving workout strategies for individual loans and coaching/developing credit skills of underwriters.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with income analysis including exposure to reviewing self-employment, corporate, and partnerships tax returns
- Experience managing a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience facilitating and delivering training or other related facilitation experience such as group meetings or presentations
Other Desired Qualifications
- Agency/government underwriting experience
- MCD 3 or 4 level of agency lending authority and/or MCD 3 FHA/VA authority
- MEA 6 exception authority
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
TX-Dallas: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
FL-Jacksonville: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
FL-Orlando: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
FL-Tampa: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
GA-Atlanta: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
TX-Austin: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
TX-Houston: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
TN-Nashville: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
NY-Buffalo: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
IN-Indianapolis: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
AL-Birmingham: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
NE-Omaha: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
MO-Kansas City: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
KS-Overland Park: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
SC-Columbia: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
OH-Columbus: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
MS-Gulfport: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
UT-Salt Lake City: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
NV-Las Vegas: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
AZ-Tucson: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
CA-Fresno: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
WA-Spokane: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
ID-Boise: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
NV-Reno: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
MI-Birmingham: Min: $78,100 Mid: $110,000
CA-Sacramento: Min: $78,100 Mid: $110,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
IL-Springfield: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
TX-Dallas: 8115 Preston Rd - Dallas, TX
FL-Jacksonville: 3563 Philips Hwy - Jacksonville, FL
FL-Orlando: 11050 Lake Underhill Rd - Orlando, FL
FL-Tampa: 4030 W BOY SCOUT BLVD - TAMPA, FL
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
TX-Austin: 9442 N Capital Of Texas Hwy - Austin, TX
TX-Houston: 2700 Post Oak Blvd - Houston, TX
TN-Nashville: 150 3rd Ave S - Nashville, TN
NY-Buffalo: 6700 Main St - Buffalo, NY
IN-Indianapolis: 8888 Keystone Xing - Indianapolis, IN
AL-Birmingham: 2501 20th Pl S - Birmingham, AL
NE-Omaha: 13330 California St - Omaha, NE
MO-Kansas City: 9572 N McGee St - Kansas City, MO
KS-Overland Park: 7500 College Blvd - Overland Park, KS
SC-Columbia: 101 Greystone Blvd - Columbia, SC
OH-Columbus: 445 Hutchinson Ave - Columbus, OH
MS-Gulfport: 375 Courthouse Rd - Gulfport, MS
UT-Salt Lake City: 5201 Amelia Earhart Dr - Salt Lake City, UT
NV-Las Vegas: 4425 Spring Mtn Rd - Las Vegas, NV
AZ-Tucson: 4051 E Sunrise Dr - Tucson, AZ
CA-Fresno: 8405 N Fresno - Fresno, CA
WA-Spokane: 41 W Riverside Ave - Spokane, WA
ID-Boise: 3033 Elder St - Boise, ID
NV-Reno: 6005 Plumas St - Reno, NV
MI-Birmingham: 34100 Woodward Ave - Birmingham, MI
CA-Sacramento: 400 Capitol Mall - Sacramento, CA
AZ-Chandler: 2850 S Price Road - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IL-Springfield: 4800 W Wabash Ave - Springfield, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.