Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmapWork with architects and other software engineers to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and deliver creative, high quality solutions
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including Java, , Azure or AWS, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and main configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation
- Experience in Data As a Service and Container As a Service models
- Experience in incident ticket tracking tools and processes like ServiceNow
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to Production Deployment
- Participate in and provide input for system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design/coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of designing and implementing Java based applications
- 5+ years of relational database delivery
- 4+ years of experience in Agile Delivery
- 2+ years in Dev Ops Automation tools (Oozie, Python etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in Azure or AWS
- Working knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Experience in HealthCare industry standards like HL7, FHIR or SMART
- Experience in working with DevOps teams in an Agile Delivery/onshore-offshore model
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineering, Technology, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote