Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
Candidates for the Lead Software Engineer role work in conjunction with the engineering team to design, develop and deliver quality web-based software applications. As a team lead, the expectation is that this person will be responsible for delivering business critical projects while managing their day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring that all teams' targets are met. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the team maintains high morale during the entire process.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems
- Oversees the technologies, tools and techniques used by the team
- Ensure that development standards, security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work with the scrum team to get projects developed and implemented
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Automate the build and deployment of infrastructure, product features
- Troubleshoot and support the full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Support efforts to simplify clinical data load process to drive data quality and reconciliation
- Ensure that all capabilities developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Define and execute processes that enhance code quality including peer code reviews to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Collaborate with the Business and IT teams to develop process improvement initiatives
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader / mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience (4+ years of experience in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years of software development lifecycle experience and testing experience in Java, API development
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 3+ years of working with RESTful services
- 3+ years of agile delivery experience
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub
- Experience with containers and container-related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic
- Working experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience performing root cause analysis for production Issues
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Knowledge of Angular and/or React
- Knowledge of RDBMS (PostGreSql, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience enabling systems for Disaster Recovery, providing Redundancy and Resiliency in Architecture
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience and In-depth knowledge of Azure Cloud platform
- Knowledge of HL7 / FHIR standards
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, lead, software, engineer, front, back, agil, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Eden Prairie, MInnesota, MN