Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry—everything depends on it. At Optum Financial Services, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop UI applications
- Write reusable code/components using modern JS libraries and frameworks like React
- Maintain code quality using modern JS testing frameworks and tools
- Provide meaningful contribution to code reviews and code quality check
- Deploy code using Jenkins Pipeline
- Proficient in using RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Acts as a lead engineer in the team and accountable for coaching and mentoring of other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of Familiarity with using Postman, SoapUI, Altair or similar tools to interaction with service APIs
- 1+ years of Experience with working with SPA applications build using UI frameworks such as React
- 1+ years of Understanding of document and relational databases
- 1+ years of Solid understanding fundamental programming concepts and good experience of TDD
- 1+ years of Solid understanding of document and relational database
- 1+ years of Passion for developing high quality, well tested code following organizational standards
- 1+ year of Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Proven ability to collaborate with developers, and other relevant team members
- Azure Cloud Management
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Function Apps
- Understanding of Event Sourcing concepts
- Familiarity with functional programming and Software design patterns
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines and trunk based development
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience with fetching from REST and Graph QL APIs
- Deep understanding of asynchronous operations
- Full stack experience (preferably ReactJS)
- Proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages like Java, Scala etc.
- Solid communication, presentation and organization skills
- Able to work independently
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.