Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll be building the next generation of the Data Platform. With big technical problems to solve - you'll have the chance to push boundaries and create something new. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and take on unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet
Optum Clinical Manager (OCM) is a strategic, enterprise clinical platform across UHC and Optum that leverages shared technology and services. As an integrated, cloud native, scalable technology platform, OCM delivers seamless end-to-end clinical solutions that are configurable, resilient, and quick to build while reducing overall enterprise technology costs. It supports a multi-payer, multi-tenant model, enabling care management, utilization management and digital capabilities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Technologist, Evangelist for technology transformation, hand-on expert, involved in developing the products built on microservice architecture with front end using Java full stack , Java, Spring boot, Kafka, Azure AKS , Postgress, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Azure cloud, Front end tools like Angular 8 and above, React and Typescript
- Ability to design patterns and performance optimization of services
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of many technical areas in technology through experience and academic achievement
- Hands on Engineer who lead by Example with Developers
- Responsible for building production ready features and capabilities with best engineering standards
- Shares knowledge internally with peers and leaders and acts as an internal resource for teams and business units within their areas of expertise
- Work with Sr Principle engineer/Technical Architect to develop the prototype into production ready feature
- Guides and mentors’ junior engineers within the organization
- Responsible for work allocation to the scrum team engineers
- Ensure that other team members are successful in completing their deliverables in time
- Responsible for sizing and decomposing a feature into manageable and deliverable user story
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 8+ years Java/J2EE software development experience with Java, Spring framework, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of scalable micro services using containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns, software engineering best practices and performance optimization of services using memory management, garbage collection
- Demonstrated passion for engineering and a consistent record of developing great software
- Experience with event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
- Experience in building the data load back end services to load data into RDBMS databases
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and code management tools like github
- Experience in leading engineers in scrum team
- Experience in developing cloud-based services using AKS and Azure Functions
- Hands on Experience with front end tools like Angular 8 and above/React & Typescript
- Good understanding of GraphQL and data modeling
- Solid Exposure to distributed technologies (Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in cloud native technologies, preferably Azure
- Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms
- Extraordinary communication and collaboration skills. You are pragmatic and know how to build trust
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota