This position is a certified full time elementary school second grade teacher position in River City Science Academy at Mandarin for the 2022-2023 school year. If you do not have Florida teaching certification, please apply to noncertified full and part time positions.
- Prepare and implement Florida Standards unit and lesson plans with innovative hands-on and rigorous student-centered curriculum
- Strong understanding and ability to implement school mission and vision.
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning experiences that promote performance.
- Listens and interacts effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and community members, respecting diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
- Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility by using Florida FEAP standards
- Take an active role in school community outreach.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and crises effectively.
- Promotes independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Develops and manages human resources within the classroom by maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in professional development activities, recognizing students and parents for contributions to goal achievement.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each student’s culture, learning styles, special needs, and socioeconomic background.
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of students.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes
- Additional duties as assigned by the Principal or his designee
River City Science Academy Schools are committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our schools. Our schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $46,000.00 - $56,000.00 per year