We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team. This position requires knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures, billing, collections and software. The ideal candidate will maintain contact with management, staff and clients and observes a high level of confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Assist with general bookkeeping duties including bank reconciliations, track escrow and deposit accounts, data entry and other related duties.
- Assist with the tracking and submission of independent contractors invoices and payment as well as tracking of all office sub-leases.
- Assist with the reconciliation of deposits and transactions and preparation of monthly statements.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly invoices for various small entities as well as budget preparation.
BILLING AND COLLECTIONS
- Assist with all functions of client billing including invoice preparation (audit, post, mail or email clients' invoices), perform narrative and financial edits.
- Assist with the collection process including data entry (collections application), review of A/R reports, receivables tracking and generating related reports.
- Assist with the e-billing process including submitting invoices electronically, set-up of new e-billing clients, monitor proper submission of e-bills and assist with the resolution of rejections and short-payments.
- Assist with the documentation of clients billing arrangements and instructions into our accounting/billing system (CMS).
- Customize reports and handle special project as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Critical and analytical thinking required.
- Strong ability to multi-task, manage work-flow, work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills conducive to effectively interact with team members, management, legal and administrative staff.
- Flexibility to adapt to work demands; must be available to work overtime if needed.
- Demonstrate Office (Word and Excel) proficiency. Familiarity with QuickBooks and Aderant or Elite accounting systems a plus.
College degree with 1-2 years of experience preferred.