Vaco is hiring for a Staff Accountant located in Ponte Vedra FL. This role does sit on site.
Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, staff accountants perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling journal entries.
- Reviews and records bi-weekly payroll entries into the accounting software.
- Works closely with Human Resources on employee reimbursements.
- Assist with yearly external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Assist with integrating acquired business accounting software and workflow while looking for process improvement.
- Manages, monitors, and reconciles monthly credit card expenditures for all employees
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist with annual audit preparations.
- Coordinates more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Contributes to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Works closely with accounts payable team on weekly payment runs and year end 1099 filing.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Staff Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
The Staff Accountant must demonstrate expert knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with GAAP, as well as an ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols. To excel in the position of Staff Accountant, the following attributes are necessary as well:
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with accounting/financial software and programs.
- Research and analytical skills.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, math, business administration, or a related field.
- 2 - 3 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with payroll reconciliation is preferred but no required.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements