Citi’s Internal Audit Division is expanding!
Citi’s Internal Audit Division is a global organization of over 1700 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. This talented team provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
We are seeking Senior Auditors (an intermediate level role) and Audit Managers (a supervisory level role) across several Personal Banking and Wealth Management (PBWM) Internal Audit Teams!
- U.S. Personal Banking (including Branded Cards, Retail Services, Retail Banking, Mortgage, Digital, Operations and Fraud)
- Centralized Activities and Issue Validation (Risk-based and Regulatory issue management and validation)
- Global Wealth Management (Wealth Management and Private Banking)
- PBWM Transformation and Business Simplification (Firmwide transformation and business simplification initiatives to support a simpler bank)
Senior Auditor (C12 – AVP) (New York, NY/Irving, TX/ Wilmington, DE/ Tampa, FL/ Jacksonville, FL)
The Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) Senior Auditor is an intermediate level role responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory service to help Citi reach business goals. This candidate will support audit assurance work through audit activities of Personal Banking & Wealth Management in North America.
- Perform moderately complex audits including the assessment of control design and effectiveness, presenting issues to the business, and discussing practical solutions.
- Present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs.
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines.
- Apply internal audit standards, policies, and regulations to provide timely audit assurance and influence audit scope.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Develop effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Apply understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Develop internal audit staff, and provide coaching to team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Audit Manager (C13 – VP) (New York, NY/Irving, TX/ Wilmington, DE/ Tampa, FL/ Jacksonville, FL)
The Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to recruit, develop, and manage an effective Internal Audit team that ensures the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders, and develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans.
- Perform moderately complex audits including drafting audit reports, presenting issues to the business, and discussing practical solutions.
- Develop and execute audit plans, and implement audit process improvements.
- Promote and develop innovative auditing solutions.
- Manage audit lifecycle activities for a component of a product line at the regional or country level.
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget.
- Manage the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks.
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- Advise and assists the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated auditing concepts and technology adoption.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies and technology to a specific product or function.
- Use communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including product, function, or regional executive management partners.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Qualifications for both Senior Auditor and Audit Manager:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience (Senior Auditor)
- 6-10 years of relevant experience (Audit Manager)
- Experience leading audits or have significant experience as a senior auditor in a large banking organization
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Subject matter expertise regarding audit technology’s application
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- Ability to work in an agile environment and easily adapts to changing demands and priorities
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Experience in areas related to Trust/Fiduciary, Lending/Financing (margin accounts, custom solutions, mortgage, other), Broker/Dealer, Markets, Investments, Operations (Banking and Lending), and personal banking, and Wealth Management is a plus
- Background with OCC/CFPB/FDIC/FINRA/SEC/OFAC regulations and laws is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% for onsite audits
Education for both Senior Auditor and Audit Manager:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Please note: The Grade level you are selected for is based on your experience and breadth and depth of knowledge.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.