$1,000 Quarterly Bonus in 2021!
Covid Vaccine Incentive $250!
This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge to maintaining industrial machinery, conveyors, and mechanical systems associated with the manufacturing of forestry products. Preventive and predictive maintenance practices and zone-based maintenance are an integral part of our Maintenance program. This role offers a challenging, diverse, and exciting opportunity to become part of our Maintenance team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust the tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Layout mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with a power drill
- Replace defective parts of a machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
Required skills and experience include:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have minimum 3 years verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must have cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a competitive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401-K savings plans with company match, and vacation.
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please. Please attach your resume to your online profile.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace