Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
5 - 10%
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages Information Security staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining information security processes across the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability to ensure reduced financial loss to the organization.
• Communicates effectively with clients to address complex information security issues.
• Reviews documentation created by team members and peers to provide constructive feedback.
• Prepares and reviews activity reports as requested by management.
• Coordinates and implements information security, operations and activities to ensure protection of information assets while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
• Collaborates with clients and Client Management to establish client confidence in FIS’s information security program. Works with business teams to ensure information security initiatives are understood and implemented. Provides guidance and cross training to other team members.
• Collaborates with clients and Client Management to establish client confidence in FIS information security program.
• Works with business teams to ensure information security initiatives are understood and implemented.
• Establishes goals and objectives for team performance and manages attainment of those goals.
• Develops and ensures services in response to various risks and threats.
• Responsible for technical information security architecture, network and system security designs, implementation and management of information security systems and/or programs for the protection of the environment.
• Researches and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative information security management techniques to safeguard organizational assets.
• Develops close working relationships with management, company peers and industry counterparts to ensure alignment of company goals with current information security industry and regulatory trends.
• Keeps senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiatives.
• Assists in establishing department financial goals and objectives and ensures all objectives and expectations are met.
• Performs staff leadership role and promotes motivation through effective management and mentoring.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. CISSP, GSEC, CCNE, or other security or network certifications desired.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Masters an understanding of the regulatory and audit requirements with respect to information security and privacy issues
• Extensive knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control), design and engineering
• Extensive knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Proficiency in interacting with executive level clients
• Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
• Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
• Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
• Proficiency in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and clients
• Excellent input and planning into application development, systems engineering, and network engineering for development of security requirements and best practices are implemented and followed
• Proficiency in managing teams and projects.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level management role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires five or more years of experience in the Information Technology industry including at least three years from the Information Security sector including security operations, maintenance or engineering of networking or security related technologies. Experience managing teams and projects for information security management.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.