Now Hiring a Regional Human Resources Manager to support locations in Northwast Florida ...
The Regional Human Resources Manager provides leadership and direction on HR matters to divisions within our Northeast Florida region.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for partnering with managers to identify business needs and human resources solutions that align with Waste Pro strategies. This role will provide consultation and support to managers and employees at all levels including coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, and interpretation of company policies.
The Human Resources Manager will also help to drive and support the planning, development, implementation, and administration of the Company's initiatives for recruiting a diverse workforce and fostering a fair and inclusive culture. The Human Resources Manager will assist in the development, implementation and continued support of strategic programs that will engage, develop, and retain employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the waste, transportation or construction industry and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
The Norteast Florida Region consists of locations in Jacksonville, Gainesville, Palm Coast, Putnam, Lake City and Hilton Head, South Carolina and has 375-400 employees. The position will be based out of the Jacksonville, Florida location and travel will be required.
1. Manage recruiting activities including but not limited to posting positions, outreach, researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidates, screening and interviewing qualified candidates as necessary, and extending and negotiating offers. Ensure consistency with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations. Coach hiring managers and interviewers on talent acquisition best practices and overseeing the candidate experience.
2. Counsel managers and employees concerning employee performance, including warnings, and disciplinary actions resulting from violations of company policy and other operating practices. Provide guidance on terminations and oversee the termination process.
3. Oversee HR generalist and assist when necessary in day-to-day HR processes, such as system onboarding, payroll preparation, recording and maintaining employee information in the HRIS.
4. Advise on succession planning, individual development and organizational structuring.
5. Utilize data to strategically identify trends (turnover, time to fill, exit interviews, etc.), communicate findings, and develop action plans with managers to improve the employee experience, build morale and improve retention.
6. Collaborate with other members of HR and internal partners to develop programs and policies.
7. Monitor the region's compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
8. Position requires 30%-50% travel by car to divisions within region with some overnight stays.