Performs administrative functions in the human resources department in one or more of a variety of Human Resource areas such as recruitment, benefit administration, employee relations, payroll entry and workers compensation, as directed by the Human Resource Manager.
· Recruits by posting career postings and flyers to attract and retain team members. Screens candidates for vacant positions. Conducts employee orientation sessions and processes all related paperwork.
· Processes changes in employee status, pay, benefits, etc. Collects, enters and maintains employee data in HRMS or other systems.
· Processes employee separations of employment, employment verifications, may conduct exit interviews and oversees unemployment claims.
· Creates and maintains various files for recordkeeping and reporting purposes in accordance with applicable regulations and Company procedures.
· Cooridinates and responds to internal/external inquiries from a variety of sources for employee/human resource related information once approved and directed. Coordinates various employee communications via bulletin boards, newsletters, meetings, etc.
· Processes all miscellaneous employee pay (i.e., bonuses, etc.). and payroll deductions. Investigates questionable data and reports it to the HR Manager for corrective action when necessary.
· Prepares, sorts and distributes payroll checks.
· Maintains attendance records and issues notifications as outlined in Attendance Policy. Produces and distributes related reports.
· Processes all leaves of absence in accordance with FMLA, STD, vacation requests, etc.
· Administers employee benefit programs including enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA.
· Research claims including coordination with providers, policy interpretations and assists with problem resolution.
· Inputs, arranges and maintains employee files, updates information as directed.
· May assist in organizing employee activities such as social events, special benefits, civic involvement, employee recognition, etc.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, co-workers, clients and supervisors
· Performs other job duties as assigned by manager.