Human Resource Generalist
Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, report creation/maintenance, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
● Create, enhance and maintain reports within HR to support Company Strategy and Initiatives.
● Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
● Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
● Performs benefits administration including open enrollment, life qualifying events, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
● Maintains thorough understanding of all benefits plans and employee eligibility.
● Completes and represents the company for any unemployment claims.
● Conducts onboarding for all internal staff.
● Assist in the creation, maintenance and coordination of employee recognition programs.
● Manages FMLA, disability, and other leave of absence processes according to State and Federal law.
● Implement terminations including termination letters, severance agreements, termination meeting, and related documentation.
● Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
● Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manuals.
● Identifies areas for improvement on processes and provide support to implement these initiatives.
● Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or execution of business processes.
● Serves as back-up point of contact for Field Service issues/concerns and provides appropriate counseling/feedback as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
● A minimum of 5 years of professional Human Resources experience with emphasis in employee benefits
● Knowledge of federal and state employment laws required
● Demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Paylocity
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and vendor management systems
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
The cited duties, requirements and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.