Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Hospital Security Officer. The Security Officer will be working in a hospital/health care environment for Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The Professional Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or Verifiable High School Diploma or GED (Certificates of Completion not acceptable)
- At minimum 5 years of verifiable work experience with 6 months of security or customer service experience
- No criminal charges in the past 7 years. No open/pending charges accepted regardless of level.
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must always maintain current active status of all required License, and must always carry the license while on duty
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Climb and descend stairs to all floors of the hospital in the event elevators are not accessible due to mechanical issues or emergency situations.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing staff or help transport expired patients
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- Run as needed
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.