Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage with Internal clients to clearly define business requirements
- Interface professionally with database, ETL and SAS development teams
- Perform complex data analysis to support research requests by the client
- Create technical specifications, unit test plans, dataflow diagrams
- Follow quality assurance guidelines including the documentation, review and approval of all project related artifacts
- Troubleshoot client and operational issues quickly and comprehensively
- Coordinate SAS algorithm development projects of varying complexity
- Support, train and mentor fellow analysts and developers
- Improve operational processes
- Report project status timely and accurately from week-to-week
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Function well within a matrix organization (E.g. – supporting multiple leaders)
- Monitoring and Resolving issues of scheduled algorithm production processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of Healthcare Knowledge
- 3+ year experience with healthcare claims
- 3+ years writing SQL query experience
- 3+ years of data analyst experience
- Experience creating formal technical documentation such as (BRD, FRD, TRD, etc.)
- Telecommute is available for this role
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Overpayment Recovery experience (Data Mining , COB, FWA)
- Working knowledge of healthcare claims processing systems (Membership, Provider, COB, RX..)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) experience
- Experience with Python, Microsoft Azure, Java, Drools, Cassandra, Rally, MS Teams (Bonus)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analysis, data, healthcare, technical, technology, SQL, analysis, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home