Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group/OptumServe Consulting, a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 50 years of experience, finds answers and solves problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Seeking a dynamic, goal-oriented Healthcare Policy and Data Analyst to work on health and human services projects requiring intermediate SAS, R, Python, or SQL experience as well as knowledge of statistics and research methodology.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform a broad range of quantitative analysis to inform the design, implementation, and evaluation of Medicare and Medicaid payment models
- Conduct financial and trend analysis, calculate quality metrics, and perform fast-paced ad-hoc analysis to quickly address client needs
- Efficiently query large databases of healthcare claims and eligibility data
- Support the development of technical specifications and documentation of data processing and analytical steps
- Write effective and efficient code under the guidance of project managers using best practice quality control procedures
- Maintain a consistently high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a project team
- Prepare data and information for internal as well as external use, contribute to reports, and assist with project coordination tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- Academic coursework in statistics, econometric modeling, or other comparable coursework
- 2+ years of experience using SAS (including macro processing and Proc SQL), R, Python, or SQL in a research, consulting, or business environment
- Experience in preparing data and information and contributing to reports and presentations
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Public Policy or related field
- SAS certification
- Experience conducing statistical analysis to inform health policy
- Experience working with healthcare claims and enrollment data in the Integrated Data Repository, Chronic Conditions Warehouse, or similar data warehouse
- Experience with databases having complex structures and relationships
- Experience with other software such as Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VBA)
- Familiarity with healthcare data/payment concepts (e.g., claims data structure/contents, claim types, payment concepts)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid interpersonal skills, and a focus on meeting deadlines
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SAS, R, Python, SQL, Research, Consulting, Data, Statistical Analysis, Healthcare Claims, Healthcare Data, Databases, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote